LET'S DO TRAIL WORK!
TRAIL WORK IS AT THE HEART OF OUR LOVE FOR TRAILS.
To that end, we're working both in and through Endless Trails to coordinate and lead trail work parties all over the Northwest in celebration of and preservation for beloved outdoor spaces. Our trail work parties will be intimate and enthusiastic affairs, and we'll be working on some of the trails you likely love to run/hike/bike each and every spring/summer/fall/winter - and some more remote, harder-to-reach trails you may never have even heard of!
We'll list all of our trail work dates and details here, and then you'll be able to sign up for upcoming trail work parties we're hosting via the contact form below. Easy-peasy!
Matt and Kerri (your fearless trail work leaders) are both Wilderness First Responders via NOLS/Wilderness Medicine Institute, as well as Wilderness First Aid Certified via Remote Medical International, and we both have extensive experience leading groups both on and off the trails, including extensive Outdoor Education experience. For these trail work parties, we'll be working in tandem with local permitting and trail and park-management agencies (State Parks, the United States Forest Service, Department of Fish & Wildlife, etc.) to make improvements to current trail systems (including trail, trail-head, and park clean-up), update on-site camp and other trail structures, where necessary, and in some cases build new and more sustainable trails.
If you're signing up for one of our trail work parties, we promise they'll be awesome, merrily exhausting, and you can plan to be outside and on your feet. Time commitments vary - the longest (weekend) commitments are 6 or so hours on Saturday, and 2-4 hours on Sunday. If it's a one-day trail work gig, we'll still shoot for up to 6 hours, or more if volunteers are willing/able, and we have enough daylight, though some projects are shorter.
CURRENTLY SCHEDULED ET TRAIL WORK DATES!
- Spring Cleanup / Trail Work - Ponderosa State Park - McCall, ID - Dates throughout summer, 2017 SIGN UP BELOW!
- Local Trails Cleanup / Trail Work - Idaho / Washington / Oregon - Dates throughout summer, 2017 SIGN UP BELOW!
- Farmington Trail Work - Farmington, UT - TBD/ONGOING SIGN UP BELOW IF INTERESTED!
MORE DATES FOR UPCOMING TRAIL WORK PARTIES, EDUCATIONAL TRAIL TOURS, AND OTHER PROJECTS TO BE ANNOUNCED AS THEY'RE SCHEDULED!
GHOSTS OF TRAIL WORK PAST:
- Local Trails Cleanup / Trail Work - McCall, ID - July 4, 2017 DONE!
- Ponderosa State Park Trail Work - McCall, ID - Multiple days in June, 2017 DONE!
- National Trails Day 2017 (ID) - Ponderosa State Park - McCall, ID - June 3, 2017 DONE!
- National Trails Day 2017 (UT) - Flag Rock Trail - Farmington, UT - June 3, 2017 DONE!
- Ponderosa State Park Trail Work - McCall, ID - Multiple days in May, 2017 DONE!
- Castle Rock Trail Cleanup - Ogden, UT - April 22nd, 2017 DONE!
- Ogden Climbing Festival Trail Work - Ogden, UT - April 8th, 2017 DONE!
- Opt Outside for Black Friday! - 2016 - Ponderosa State Park - McCall, ID - November 25th, 2016 DONE!
- National Get Outdoors Day! - Idaho / Washington - June 11th, 2016 DONE!
- National Trails Day! - - Idaho / Washington - June 4th, 2016 DONE!
- Beacon Rock - 2016 - Beacon Rock State Park - Columbia River Gorge, WA - April 5th 2016 DONE!
- Orcas Island - 2015 - Moran State Park - Orcas Island, WA - December 5 & 6th 2015 CANCELLED DUE TO INSUFFICIENT NUMBERS!
- Deception Pass - Deception Pass State Park - Whidbey Island, WA - November 7 & 8th 2015 DONE!
- Oregon Coast II - Cape Perpetua State Park - Yachats, OR - October 13 / 14 / 15 2015 DONE!
- Oregon Coast I - Cape Perpetua State Park - Yachats, OR - October 1st / 2nd/ 3rd 2015 DONE!
- Oregon Coast 50k/30k course - Cape Perpetua State Park - Yachats, OR - June 6 & 7th 2015 DONE!
AS THEY DO WITH ANY NOBLE PROJECT GRAND IN SCHEME AND SCOPE, MANY HANDS MAKE LIGHT WORK.
So here's where you come in: To make trails better and brighter and more sustainable, we'd love your help. In fact, we downright need your help. Sign up for a trail work party below, or, if you don't have the time or the ability to make it out to one of our trail work parties, please hop over here to read about specific giving and sponsorship opportunities, and to learn more about how else you might be able to donate time, and/or various other resources. To make a tax-deductible donation to Endless Trails, please click here.
Whether or not you decide to partner with Endless Trails, we hope you'll at least travel along with us here as we traipse some of our favorite trails, explore myriad new ones, work to advocate for hard-to-reach and less mainstream trail systems, and educate outdoor enthusiasts everywhere about trail sustainability, and how to best preserve today's wild places for future generations of explorers.
And if there's an area where we aren't doing trail work, but that needs the help? Please let us know! We want to help you rally the troops to protect, preserve, and support your favorite local and regional trails. Check out the local groups we already work with (full list coming soon!), and drop us an email to let us know of other trail work needed!
[New here? You can read more about us here, and more about our back-story, and the idea behind Endless Trails right here.]
Hope to see you on the trails soon & very soon!